Type 2 X075 14.5 Ounce Selvedge Jacket from California's Railcar Fine Goods. Made in USA.
The Railcar Type 2 14.5 ounce medium/heavy, pure natural dye, red line selvedge jacket was inspired by the original heritage design. Our version has a few details to improve the jacket for todays modern styling. Hand pockets were added for comfort, huge interior shelled edge pockets for added storage to name a couple. Fit and quality finish is on point to exceed todays standards. The jackets are design and handmade manufactured in-house at the Railcar factory in El Monte, California in small batches.
The Railcar Type 2 X075 will be made when ordered (MWO). Allow 6 weeks from when you purchase for your delivery.
- Authentically handmade.
- Rare pure natural dye for high contrast fades and wears.
- 14.5 ounce medium weight premium denim.
- Textured, cross hatch slubby, dark indigo red line selvedge denim.
- Modern fitment. Size to your normally sized jacket size.
- Detailed, quality sewing.
- Hand welted pockets that are cut bias for a unique wear when faded.
- Hand welted pockets are double tacked for added strength.
- 2 huge shelled edge interior pockets for added storage.
- 2 piece flat felled sleeve construction.
- Flat felled side seams for clean finish and strength.
- Side waistband cinches.
- Made in USA YKK buttons.
- Vintage washer burr riveting detail.
- Vintage open-bar keyhole detailing.
- Handmade in-house at the Railcar factory in El Monte, California.
"Every aspect of our operation in our El Monte, CA workshop revolves around using our small team of sewers and leather workers to build a product using the highest quality raw materials available that will stand the test of time. Everything is built from start to finish to ensure longevity. We know, because we wear them every day.
Unlike most other denim and clothing companies, every stage of our manufacturing takes place in-house at our workshop. From the beginning when company founder Steven Dang first started building garments, he found that using a large factory for production led to inconsistent quality and errors due to the numerous other brands being sewn simultaneously. He found that the only way to truly stand behind his products was to build every garment in-house from start to finish. Years later, we still believe this to hold true. We would rather take the hard road if it means that we can guarantee the quality and specifications on everything that leaves our shop. Every Railcar Fine Goods pant, jacket, shirt, and leather item was designed, cut, and assembled by our small team using manual and vintage machinery. This allows us to offer you the best service possible, since you are dealing directly with the people building your garment."