Handcrafted with care. The River frame combines timeless influences with craftsmanship and fit that allows for lifelong wear. A true Monokel Eyewear staple.
We make our Grey colourway by mixing a tiny bit of black ink with raw biodegradable cellulose acetate. The result is a highly durable, hypoallergenic material, made from renewable resources. The crystal clear polished surface is achieved by tumbling the components of the frames in barrels filled with small pieces of wood coated with oil, paste, and other natural materials, and then hand-buffed by us and our team of technicians.
Grey lenses are known for their classic style and versatility. They’re great for reducing glare on both sunny and cloudy days, while also providing anti-fatigue benefits. Grey lenses have the added benefit of allowing true color perception - showing the color of objects in their purest form. All our lenses feature anti-scratch and anti-reflective treatment with 100% UVA/UVB protection. Made by renowned German lens- and optics manufacturer Carl Zeiss.
- Handcrafted from organic- and biodegradable acetate
- 100% UV protective Carl Zeiss Vision CR39 lenses
- 5-Barrel OBE Stainless steel rivet hinges
- Teflon-covered hinge screws
- Keyhole nose bridge
- Double horizontal rivets on temples and front
- Includes protective case, cleaning cloth and box for storage